If anybody know if there are workable kernel patches for VLAN support in various NIC drivers, please let me know. I will incorporate them in the next kernel update.

Regards,

Mike O'Connor wrote:

Joe Nelson wrote:

I've had a real tough time getting the natsemi driver to work with my VLANs. I may be wrong, but I believe that I may just have an outdated version. Does anyone know how recent the kernel module for natsemi (ethernet on Soekris 4501 board) is? I've tried to get VLANs working with other cards as well - Intel Pro 100 (eepro100 module) and Realtek (8139too module). Nothing seems to work. I'm running on the 2.6.8 kernel. From what I've read, all the newer drivers for these ethernet chipsets support VLANs. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

--
Joe Nelson
Air Wired
http://www.airwired.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Hi Joe

I have not tried the natsemi driver with VLAN's but will say that in my experaince a large number of the ethernet drivers in the kernel do not support VLAN's.

The only drivers drivers I have ever used successfully are eepro100 and the intel drivers e100 and e1000. For example none of the 3com drivers that I tested worked with VLAN's.

Cheers
Mike

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux



--
Regards,
Punky
P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle
(http://www.punknix.com)

Voyage Linux
(http://www.voyage.hk/software/voyage.html)



_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to