Toth Szabolcs wrote:

Hi Punky,

I tried but the result is the same by me too.

regards,
Szabolcs

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Giorgio Ducci wrote:

I have tried almost everything with madwifi and txpower all versions, change source etc.
(with this 400mW cards...)
It's impossible to set tx power with current hal ...
The output of iwconfig you can ignore. It's not true!
This is not the output power.

I have used now3 diffrent os:

Voyage (my kernel version, packages etc.)
Mikrotik
StarOS

I have the same signal at 75m, 150m distance of client/server which is very low (-68dbm)
with an 3db ruber duck at server and 22dbi Grid at client.
At 4m distance I have a high signal with Mikrotik and StarOS but not with madwifi ...
The whole power stuff makes me crazy...

At 4m distance I have 28dBm i.e. I have a loss of 40db at 75m ...
This is at 5.8GHz.

Who has done some tests too? Has anyone here on the list 5.8 GHz long distance links?

Greetings

Beat

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to