In a message of 23-Jan-00 Brad Rogers wrote:
>> None of the Amiga browsers have a decent JavaScript implementation yet.
> Depends what you mean by "decent". :-)
Yes, that's right. With decent I mean that I will be able to view most
sites. Currently I find that JavaScript is being used more and more and
I quite often encounter sites that I simply can't view because none of
the Amiga browser can handle them. Or even if I can view them, then
there is some functionality that doesn't work, so I can't use the site
properly.
We also hear again and again on this list, that people can't view this
or that site, or can't register at this or that site, and most of the
problems are due to insufficient JavaScript support.
In my opinion a decent JavaScript implemention is very badly needed.
A few months ago I had no problem viewing http://www.dds.dk but then they
for some reason started using JavaScript, and now I can't view it.
And what about: http://users.cybercity.dk/~ida2376/authorization.html which
simply prompt for a password - Voyager can't handle it, nor can IBrowse,
though AWeb 3.2demo can do it partially.
I find that more and more web masters are moving towards using JavaScript
just like they started using frames some years ago. If we don't move on
along with them.
Uffe Holst
____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"