Hi.  I have recently demo'd V3, and it looks great!  I have a few questions, though.

1) (this will be a popular one) - I was trying to get into our Exchange stuff at work 
to check my work emails over the web.  Outlook has an app that runs on JavaScript and 
lets you check emails over the web, much probably in the same manner as an ISP would 
have or Hotmail, etc.  I can only get in with V3 using the 'spoof as mozilla' setting, 
because notwithstanding the text of "we only recognize Javascript capable browsers", 
what it really means is "we only scan for people using Netscape or IE and the rest of 
you can suck eggs".

My question here is that unlike other Amiga browsers, I can 'get in' with V3, BUT I 
can only look at the email 'list' once in, I can't click on an email and then read 
that actual email the way I can with (yuk) Netscape and IE.  Any thoughts?

2) Are there any known issues with Voyager not 'exiting' from RAM when you close it 
down?  This was primarily the reason why I never bought the older version.  

Aweb, while probably a bit faster than the old Voyager (haven't done speed 
comparisions with V3 yet) is butt-ugly from a GUI standpoint, and I never really liked 
IBrowse.  

I like the GUI and feel of Voyager (old and new), BUT when I use it and then exit the 
program, I usually (as with most other programs) do a "flush" with MultiCX to get back 
unused RAM on the machine, as well as run a batch file to delete the filecach from the 
browser (which I also keep in RAM to avoid cluttering up the HD).  

When I exit Voyager, not much comes back ramwise and the batch file pretty much fails 
with a message that the files are still in use even though (I thought) I had closed 
out the instance of Voyager.  So I open ARTM, and in there are several instances of 
Voyager-related programs still running!  So I can sometimes kill them off with ARTM 
one by one and get back the RAM, but in some cases, they lock up ARTM too and I have 
to reboot to get back the memory.  Any thoughts?

I wanna buy, really!  But this second point is what holds me back.  I'm using a stock 
A3000 with a picassoIV and 8mb fast ram, running OS 3.1.

Kevin Orme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to