It is disappointing that the sound didn't work.  It is
not surprising.  That was a huge jump to take.

The announcement that Cosmo will
support RealMedia is good.  Like the SpinNode, we
may not like the proprietary approach, but I frankly
despair of getting certain things done any other
way anymore.  I think it more important to get
the forms in place than the paperwork.  Cleanup later.

The good news is that we have IrishSpace and VRMLDream
"in the can".  That means as the functionality becomes
available, we have something ready to deploy, and the
teams are in place to do more.  Pioneering in the long
form develops the expertise for the commercial ventures
and that is worth it.

I was watching "The Sprit of St Louis" with Jimmy
Stewart this weekend between gigs.  Lindbergh says
when asked about the crash of the French fliers if he should
try and he tells them that no matter what, someone has
to try until someone does it, that unless one is a flier,
that might be hard to understand, but fliers all understand.
I think this is like that.  We took care in IS to eliminate
certain complexities to ensure success and that got
part of the job done.  Bernie and Stephen took the
rest of the risk and had problems.  But someone,
probably Bernie and Stephen, will do it sooner than later.
We are all fliers and we know that it will happen.

Len