> A _great_ text on implementing nonlinearity:
> http://www.users.interport.net/~mash/nonlin.html

Thanks John!
This is a super examination of the methods and problems with
non-linear/interactive storytelling. If anyone on this list hasn't visited
it they should run, not walk, to this link.

One of the things not covered in almost all of these nonlinear/interactive
story essays is dealing with a realtime 3D interface. I think this makes a
difference in how things are handled storywise. First of all, do we want to
go outside of 3d space (into textual space) to handle the interface? My own
thought is no we don't. Keeping the story immersive is hard enough without
the interactor's attention constantly being forced to deal with an
interface outside of the physical space of the story. VRML (and VR in
general) seem pretty limited in this regard. The various point and
click/drag sensors and ProximitySensors seem to be all we have right now. I
like using ProximitySensors best. They seem more natural.

Dennis