Thanks for the change log Daniel.

Something is solliciting my curiosity though:

 - privacy for guests, which will hide things from xid 1

I am not sure I am found of that "privacy" thing. Isn't xid 1 the monitoring context? Isn't supposed to be able to see everything in the system? For instance, if I remember correctly, vserver-stat uses xid 1 to mesure the memory usage of each vserver...

Maybe it's an irrational fear, but it seems to me like an invitation to root kits... With this privacy option, how will we be able to precisely account the memory usage of each vserver?

Guillaume Pratte

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson a écrit :

The major changes are:
- COW link breaking
- 2.6.19+ support (i.e. using the mainline namespaces)
- capability masking, allowing things like bind9 to run unmodified in guests - artificially advancing idle time, allowing fair sharing of CPU resources among guests
- accounting APIs, making it easier to write monitoring programs

And a few of the rather minor/less useful changes:
- allows raising the bcapabilities of a guest while it's running
- virtualized time
- the ability to create private guests, that cannot be easily administered from the host - warnings without CONFIG_VSERVER_DEBUG (so Debian users will see them too...)
- legacy disabled by default (so util-vserver 0.30.213+ recommended)
- privacy for guests, which will hide things from xid 1
- a scheduling monitor

--
Guillaume Pratte
Recherche et développement

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimées dans ce courriel sont
celles de son auteur et ne répresentent pas nécessairement celles de Révolution
Linux.

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux.