On 31/1/02 10:45 AM, "Onno Benschop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 09:21 31/01/02 +0800, Matthew Healey wrote:
>> On 31/1/02 8:59 AM, "Onno Benschop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 
>>> At 08:46 31/01/02 +0800, Matthew Healey wrote:
>>>> I am in dire need of a command line app for OSX (I need to control it
>> via a
>>>> shell script) that will create a data-fork-only (BinHqx? MacBinary?) file
>>>> from a native mac (resource + data fork) file. This file then needs to
>>>> survive the rigors of an FTP upload.
>>> 
>>> I'm thinking:
>>> 
>>> tar -cf bob.tar {directoryToArchive}
>>> Then a binary ftp.
>> 
>> Tried that, unfortunately tar doesn't know about resource forks and thus
>> only copies the data fork.
> 
> Drop the file onto DropStuff?

Unless DropStuff has suddenly become CLI aware, I don't think that is
possible. Hence the need for a command line app.

Regards

Matthew Healey

-- 

Matthew Healey
Information Systems
Western Orthopaedic Clinic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone: +61 (08) 9423 8800
Fax: +61 (08) 9381 8300

Suite 213
25 McCourt Street
Subiaco 6006
Western Australia