On 31/1/02 10:42 AM, "Shay Telfer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hi Everyone,
>> 
>> I am in dire need of a command line app for OSX (I need to control it via a
>> shell script) that will create a data-fork-only (BinHqx? MacBinary?) file
>> from a native mac (resource + data fork) file. This file then needs to
>> survive the rigors of an FTP upload.
>> 
>> I have to get this finished by the end of today, so any help would be
>> appreciated.
>> 
>> Does such a beast exist?
> 
> Back in the good old days of Unix there was mcvert, which might still
> be out there. Alternatively there's HFSPax or tarw, try
> 
> <http://homepage.mac.com/mattouellette/FileSharing.html>

That was just what I was looking for. Cheers muchly.

Tarw to the rescue.


Regards

Matthew Healey

-- 

Matthew Healey
Information Systems
Western Orthopaedic Clinic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone: +61 (08) 9423 8800
Fax: +61 (08) 9381 8300

Suite 213
25 McCourt Street
Subiaco 6006
Western Australia