If it were me I'd refuse to be part of any trial of technology that is vendor dependent. I'd request that they support only open standards available to all platforms. It may use VoIP but Microsoft Passport indeed! You'd have to have rocks in your head to rely on Microsoft providing any security for anything.

Looks like Telstra jumping further into bed with M$ so that M$ can control more of the universe.

On Monday, April 22, 2002, at 02:52 , Brett Carboni wrote:

Hi all,

I've been selected to take part in a voice over internet trial. I'd like to participate but am dubious as to whether they have the technology set up for
Macs. (They rarely do). Also, I found this in the fine print

3  Technology

3.1  You must have Internet access, have a valid Microsoft Passport, have
installed the latest version of Microsoft Messenger either by loading
Microsoft XP onto your computer or downloading the Messenger Session Initiated Protocol Client software from the Microsoft download site. It is available for
Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and ME.

But why would they have sent this to me, being registered as a Mac user.

Is there another way? I would like to participate.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Warren Jones http://homepage.mac.com/warrenj/
Parkwood, Western Australia