on 19/6/02 11:30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But iinet techies are doing this, telling people of lack of Mac
> compatability, I got told this yesterday. Techi said they had one person
> on a Mac, but it wasn't working well. So, good to hear that it isn't a
> problem.

The iiNet techs generally don't have a clue. There are a few of them that
know Mac's but most of the ones that don't believe linux is the savoir of
the world are hooked on Windows. The D-Link DSL 300 which they supply has an
authentication client built in. All that's required is to set the Mac up to
use the DSL 300 as a router and for the Mac to grab a DHCP address from the
modem. It's very easy to set up and works fine.
--
My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned ...
couldn't concentrate.