Hi all,

I have a friend with a 7500 running OS 9.1, plus a USB card in a PCI slot,
and a recently purchased Canon S520 printer linked via the USB port.
Unfortunately the printer isn't working, with an error message stating there
is a communication problem whenever a print request is sent.

The USB adapter card software from Apple has been installed (v 1.4), as has
the latest printer drivers from Canon. Apple System Profiler recognises the
card as a USB card, and Chooser recognises the printer when selected.

The printer and its cable work fine on another (Windows) machine. The only
hint I get is in the Canon troubleshooting docs where it says you should
attach the printer cable directly to the computer and not the USB port on
the keyboard. This refers to the IMac, so perhaps the Canon USB extension
isn't adaptable enough to work via a third-party USB card.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Regards,

Mike Fuller

PS I advised him originally to get an Epson.