On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 12:19 PM, Mike Fuller wrote:

>
> The printer and its cable work fine on another (Windows) machine. The 
> only
> hint I get is in the Canon troubleshooting docs where it says you 
> should
> attach the printer cable directly to the computer and not the USB port 
> on
> the keyboard. This refers to the IMac, so perhaps the Canon USB 
> extension
> isn't adaptable enough to work via a third-party USB card.
>
> I would be grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Fuller
>
> PS I advised him originally to get an Epson.
>

My S520 has always worked perfectly for me, but I'm not using a USB 
card so I don't have any experience with your particular setup. I aware 
of others' experiences with USB cards, though, which have generally 
been fixed by moving the card to a different slot. This might be worth 
a try.

My S520 prints just fine from both MacOS X 10.2.3 and Classic. VERY 
occasionally I do get a connection error, but this is invariably fixed 
simply by removing and reconnecting the USB Cable. This I put down to a 
common problem with USB devices, though. It's necessary with my Zip 
Drive about every second time I use it (which admittedly is not very 
often these days). I'm running it from a USB hub attached to my G4, but 
it works just as well directly from the keyboard.


-- 
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]