Thanks Bob

I tried SCSIProbe 5.2, but it keeps coming up with "This version of
SCSIProbe requires Apple SCSI Manager 4.3". I had a search for this last
night but could not find it.

I also tried "SCSI Find Devices" but it kept coming up "error -192" when I
double clicked on the program icon.

I then found and tried "Marathon SCSI Utility" and tried that. That shows
the hard drive is at SCSI ID 7 and the CD ROM is at SCSI ID 3, but when I
tried to test or verify the HD it keeps saying things like "sector failed"
as it does it's tests.

I have the feeling the HD is dead!!

Regards
Daniel F.