On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 14:21, Matthew Healey wrote:
> On 08/09/2003, at 1:50 PM, Onno Benschop wrote:
> 
> > On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 09:45, Jon Hunter wrote:
> >> I noticed on Michael Campbell's email his photo (including dogs)
> >> located in the top right corner of the header.
> >> Can anyone tell me how this is set-up as I have the request made but
> >> have been unable to reproduce it.
> >
> > Those of you familiar with my distaste for HTML email will find it no
> > surprise that I would say and suggest the following:
> 
> All very valid points, but the funny thing is that the photo in the 
> header has absolutely nothing to do with HTML email whatsoever. It is a 
> function of MacOS X and Mail.app

I concede that this is not HTML email, however, the next person who
doesn't have Mail.app will want to "duplicate" this functionality and
use HTML email to achieve that.

The message I sent was to preclude that.

> As a previous post pointed out, if you have a photo assigned to someone 
> in your Address Book, any email received from that person will show up 
> that photo. Additionally, if the sender has a .mac account and as 
> uploaded a photo to Apples servers, that photo will will show up.

In my opinion that has got to be the biggest waste of disk-space I've
ever heard of, but then I suppose disks are cheap. Each to their own. I
don't like postIT notes on my screen, but others seem to have 400
gathered around the edges.

Whatever gives you a buzz...



Onno Benschop 

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, 
WA)
-- 
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno.. 
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno.. 
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno.. 

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, Dalcon
ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno at itmaze dot com dot au