THANKS TO THOSE WHO REPLIED... ONNO & Andy. Oh what a tale we weave ........ ?
Some of my numbers were numbers with number Values And then some looked like numbers but were TEXT without a number value. So of course they sort differently. To tell the difference.. Try an "autosum" The ones with values will sum to whatever figure The ones with Text value will sume to 0, that's zero. There is probably a way in excel to convert from text to value, But All I have found so far is converting value to text. One way to handle the situation is to save the file as "text", That's plain text & not a Word doc. Then reimport into excel using the :- Data _ Get external Data - Import text file....... function to finally save the imported information as Excel data. Have fun Bob On 8/9/03 2:26 PM, "Bob Howells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi Everyone > > In my wisdom I thought if I formatted cells in an Excel worksheet > And the format was for example > > Number = number > > Then when I do a sort on that column which is all " formatted" > the same way, the numbers should be in sequence . > > Not so ! > > I have two series of numbers, one set in sequence, the other at the end > Of the queue ! ? > > But what and why does that occur ....please ? > > Bob > > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro >

