Hi Paul and anyone else following all this,

I run OS9.2 so it isn't actually anything to do with
10 or classic/native applications for me, although I
could be experiencing something completly different,
or maybe my Mac hates me. I think it might, its done
some pretty bizzare things in the past that nobody's
been able to explain.
 
> I do believe this scroll bar issue is my single
> biggest
> problem with OSX, thank God:) Apart from the fact I
> cant
> get my company to ditch M$ and take up Mac.
> 
> >  ...but the mouse cursor disappears when its
> > in that window and other programs have areas of
> their
> > windows disappear, well, turn a flat grey colour
> at
> > least.
> 
> That sounds a little like the "grey" window is a
> Classic
> application, not as visually athletic as native
> apps...

Strange being the windows turning grey, the mouse
cursor disappearing, I've had the computer stop
recognising all but my standard left mouse button
which defeats the purpose of buying a 4 button
+scrolly wheel mouse, and more frequently the scroll
wheel doesn't work though the other buttons do. I also
have too many applications just quit on me too often.
I don't think that I am running too many things at
once, it should be able to easily handle what I do but
memory is the only thing I can see that could be
causing it right now, though any other suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

> I get the "off the screen" scroll bar in mail as
> well as
> safari (possibly others too), but it doesn't seem to
> herald
> any "strange things", I maintain 50 peecees running
> xp
> so I know strange.
> What sort of things start happening?


Kind regards,
Kelly


________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk