I agree ....contact Consumer affairs. Sounds to me that someone has taken the machine home for a 'play'. I had the same happen with a bass guitar I bought....ordered from new, but clearly 'used or played stock'. I got them to throw in a new case and drop the price $200. Also, a friend bought a 'new' Hyundai with several hundred kilometres on it from where the salesperson had taken it out for weekends and dates. Consumer affairs definitely helped out with this case.

Glad that it all turned out well.

Phil