on 2/5/04 2:44 PM, Rod Blitvich at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Dear WAMUGers > I'm playing with the photos from my trip and trying to present the best ones > in a Coffee Table type book/album. > > One way I'm thinking of is using iPhoto's "book" facility and the > "Storybook" layout which also allows me to write a short paragraph in the > comments field with each page. > > I'm wondering what the next step would be? > > I could print the 20 or so pages on Premium Glossy paper, but how would I > bind them? > > Or I could print it to PDF and take it to someone. Would a photographic > place print and bind them into a book/album? > > Any ideas please would be gratefully accepted. > > Ta > Rod > Hi Rod Firstly, do you have Photoshop? My following suggestions may not work in iPhoto but you may be able to work out a way of doing it anyway. I would suggest you try & set up your pages, including text as part of the photo, so as to print them as a composite image on a canvas size of 20inches by 32inches (this is called a Poster Size Print by the prof labs). The poster would need to be saved as a JPEG with a DPI of around 200 - 300. Save to CD and take to someone like Mirage Photo Lab in Hay St Subi or Fitzgeralds in North Perth. You could then trim up each page out of the Poster Print & either have the pages spiral bound (adding your own card or whatever cover) by an office supply retailer or ask the photo lab to trim & spiral bind for you. Poster prints average around $35. Hope this helps
Denise Williams-Photographer Ph/fax 08- 9447 3468 Mob 0417 184592

