Hi Lloyd
I have the same problem, and find it very annoying particularly when I use Photoshop to file and optimize etc. I have actually removed the iPhoto prefs and taken out the app. Now I can open the Flash card icon and simply drag the files to my HD, where I can access them via File Browser. It's a lot quicker. I find iPhoto is a great slide show app and resource for my low res images. I am a travel and aviation photographer working worldwide, and have thousands of images being turned over every week. I have optimized the process with Photoshop Actions.

So if there is a way of still keeping iPhoto but NOT for it to open by default when a Flash card is inserted, then I would also be grateful.
Thanks
Jon


On 08/08/2004, at 6:11 PM, Lloyd White wrote:

Is there any way of stopping iPhoto starting up every time I insert a
Compact Flash card in the USB Card Reader.
It always opens after some waiting time and then I have to close it again.

I would prefer Graphic Converter to open but I don¹t think this can happen.

Lloyd




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


Eye in the Sky Productions
Image makers to the Aviation Industry
• Air-to-air photography
• Print & web design/production
• VR panoramas
• Book production
• Copywriting
• Corporate ID
Based in Western Australia
T: 08 9380 6508
M: 0403 235938
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: <http://www.eyeinthesky.com.au>