On 05/08/2005, at 6:55 AM, Rod Blitvich wrote:

Hi
Not being highly creative or intelligent, I used Apple's Pages software to create the School Newlstter (with the aid of one of the great templates).
I exported it to PDF and took it to the printer who said the fonts and
resolution etc were all fine but he had to convert it from RGB to CMYK. He showed me how some of the colours, particularly the blues, were out.

He said before I bring him the next Newsletter, I need to convert it to CMYK. I have searched Pages and cannot find any option/preference/ export
feature that enables me to do this.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted please.

ta
Rod

Hi Rod,

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think Pages can output in CMYK and I don't think Preview can convert RGB to CMYK. Photoshop I think can.
You could do it with ColorSync Utility in OS X.
Try opening your PDF in ColorSync Utility (ctrl-click on the file and select "open with"). Create a new process that converts the colour to the generic CMYK profile.
Apply and save.
Send your printer the converted file and see if they can work with it. See a proof before committing to having it printed though.

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"