Morning Merv,

Thanks for the information interesting looking application.

On 05/08/2005, at 4:28 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

Rod
I know it is great to use the applications that come with a new system but for my druthers I'd download the free for not for profit desktop publishing application Ragtime Solo www.ragtime-online. com and use that. Change your photographs as advised by others in Photoshop from RGB to CMYK, set the picture frame in Ragtime to CMYK and import your pictures. If Rhonda's print suggestion converts the document to the required PDF then fine. I am still with 10.2 and have no Adobe Distiller but can export the file as a postscript. The printer converts to the required PDF and prints. Output fine.

That is the other option and a preferred one in some situations, to output from Print dialog box > PDF > save PDF as Postscript. But, it does not guarantee an Apple Pages document is CMYK as with Create PDFX-3 Document from Quartz filter drop down box does, apparently. As before check with the Source of your output.

Not sure if important, but check dpi of PDF/X-3 output might be and might not be significant, although it can be changed within ColorSync? Look at editing filters, in help.

Distiller creates output for printer, ColorSync Utility is the colour profile guareenting what you see on screen should replicate on paper. Does the job just fine in this situation and has some other useful tools also.

Ragtime-solo does a lot of the same as distiller in Export, I think it might be creating information for distiller which is why your printer has no problem with them, his end does processing. Great alternative program.

Thanks Merv

Cheers!
`Rob...