Hi folks,

I know this must sound a bit paranoid .... but .... well .... you just never know.
I have Virex installed but my .Mac membership expired about 3 months ago.
I don't think the updates work any more because of this ??
Is this correct ? I can't see any way of actually checking.

I noticed someone recently recommending ClamXav.
I have downloaded it but have not yet installed it.
Would this be a good replacement for Virex ?
Or (if Virex still woks) a I better off staying with Virex ?

Regards,
Stephen Chape

ClamXAv will not remove viruses (it just detects them), whereas Virex will attempt to do so in most cases.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the