Jon Davison wrote:

Hi everyone. I think this has been dealt with before so excuse me if it has. My G5/1.6/768RAM/OS.X.3.9 is slowing down by the day. What is the best way to deal with this. I regularly close all apps I am not using, but use Photoshop CS2 and Dreamweaver MX daily. I have an eDrive partition that I use with TechTools Pro V4, and Optimize every now and then.

I hardly use Classic, my kids sometimes download MSM which I delete if I find it. They have an eMac for this. so no 3rd part apps. As this is my work machine I would like it to get back to how it performed a year ago. I have two HD's (47GB and 37GB left, so space is okay). Could it be RAM? Should I trash
Finder prefs?

Any ideas on why it is going so slow. Normal simple Photoshop actions are a pain as they take so long. My iBook 1.6 is like lightning by comparison.

If nothing in particular was suspect I guess I would use XBench to see if any one area was showing low results.

Good luck
Paul