To Photoshop users
I have been helping a friend with Photoshop CS2 on her PC and there is one
annoying problem. The marquee tool (top left) has the usual drop downs of a
Square/Rectangular marquee, Round/oval marquee etc but when we go to use the
Square/Rectangular one, it only comes up as what appears to be a feathered
oval. I've tried holding Shift while using Square marquee and also putting
Feathering on 1 pixel only but still the same oval shape comes up.
Another problem too, is that I went to Preferences - Units & Rulers so as to
do some accurate positioning, rebooted but no rulers showed up. Should I do
a Photoshop - Delete Preferences in her hard drive? (not sure how to on a
PC).
Any clues would be greatly appreciated -  and yes I've told her she needs a
Mac!
Thanks

Denise Williams-Photographer
Ph/fax 08- 9447 3468