Hi Rod,

I'm using the Epson 3490 scanner that Bob mentioned and can recommend it highly for home use. It has good results in picture quality, the Epson software is reasonably easy to use and the price isn't too bad (I think it was about $230).

The only minor fault is that it can be a little slow scanning at high res. I would have appreciated a faster scanner when I did hundreds of slides recently but for that I would have had to fork out much more money.

If you do go for an Epson I would suggest updating the software once you've installed from the supplied disk.

Cheers,

Mike