On 10 Apr 2006, at 6:21 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I am running an "desk lamp" iMac version 2.1 on OSX 10.2.8
There are 5 USB ports. The age of the iMac would preclude these from being USB 2. The Apple System Profiler under Devices and Volumes just identifies USB ports but does not say their version. A printer I am considering purchasing - an Epson C67 wants USB 1.1 (Is this a PC thing and not to worry wrt Macs?).
However, will the printer be compatible with my iMac?
Merv

Macs will have USB    ( as in USB1.1 )  or
they may have USB2 in late version Macs .

More important is the software you plan to run .

The Specs for the C67 , at this address

<http://www.epson.com.au/products/inkjet/stylusc67_specs.asp>
say that it works with OSX 10.2.4 and higher   AND
 you can download drivers for OS9.1  ( should also work with OS9.2 )

IF ..... you are wishing to print from an application that is running in Classic ,
BE WARNED     that some Epson devices cannot do that .
If Classic printing is required you need to confirm it is possible before
you commit yourself.

HTH

Bob