You can keep the Apple login name from dotmac if you don't go ahead with
purchasing dotmac.  You don't keep the email address as an email account,
just as a name.

Seeya

Rod!


On 8/8/07 4:10 PM, "Brett Carboni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if I can open a dotmac account to get a dotmac email
> or user ID so that I can videoconference with another Mac?
> 
> I want to set up my Mom and sister (who have been waiting to buy new
> iMacs) to videoconference. But it has to be very simple. No Jabber or
> AOL.
> 
> I understand you can get free trial dotmac subscriptions but I wonder
> if they let you keep the email.
> 
> If not we'll use Skype but it'd be a pity not to use Apple SW just
> because of a confusing user ID experience.
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> 
> Brett Carboni
> Tsunami
> "Eat sushi whilst videoconferencing"
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>