Or register a free AIM account which will do the trick with iChat too....

On 08/08/2007, at 6:28 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:


On 08/08/2007, at 4:10 PM, Brett Carboni wrote:

Does anyone know if I can open a dotmac account to get a dotmac email or user ID so that I can videoconference with another Mac?

I want to set up my Mom and sister (who have been waiting to buy new iMacs) to videoconference. But it has to be very simple. No Jabber or AOL.

I understand you can get free trial dotmac subscriptions but I wonder if they let you keep the email.

If not we'll use Skype but it'd be a pity not to use Apple SW just because of a confusing user ID experience.

Hi Brett,

I have a .Mac Membership and I have purchased four additional email- only accounts for my friends so we can all chat using iChatAV.
You can purchase up to 10 additional email-only accounts.

Currency Table here:
http://www.mac.com/1/currencytable.html

Cheers,
Ronni

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>