Hi Brett,

Skype is easy and free. We did the publicity for the Australian launch of SightSpeed ( sightspeed.com.au, or just google sightspeed australia) - this was one of the top rated products from PCWorld's best products of 2007 (#21 out of their worldwide Top 100 list). It is free for personal use, has Australian servers, and might be worth checking out as well.

I've got a .Mac account. As you probably are aware, a $99 annual subscription is involved, although you can try it for 60 days at no charge. I haven't tried video conferencing with iChat. With Skype and sightspeed around, I've not got around to testing it out.

Glenn.



On 08/08/2007, at 4:10 PM, Brett Carboni wrote:

Does anyone know if I can open a dotmac account to get a dotmac email or user ID so that I can videoconference with another Mac?

I want to set up my Mom and sister (who have been waiting to buy new iMacs) to videoconference. But it has to be very simple. No Jabber or AOL.

I understand you can get free trial dotmac subscriptions but I wonder if they let you keep the email.

If not we'll use Skype but it'd be a pity not to use Apple SW just because of a confusing user ID experience.

Thanks in advance,

Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"Eat sushi whilst videoconferencing"

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>