On 10/8/07 12:26 PM, "Severin Crisp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have just started playing with iLife08 components.  iPhoto seems
> straightforward but iMovie is a complete revamp.   Annoyingly,
> importing from iMovieHD brings in only the raw video and you lose all
> effects, transitions, titles and added sounds, or that is my
> experience and reading so far.  May have to retain iMovieHD for these
> older projects, unlike earlier upgrades.  Has anyone else had a play
> with it yet?
> I cannot fault Apple's promptness, I placed my order on Wednesday
> afternoon and the courier banged on the door down here in Albany at
> 7.10am this morning!
> Severin Crisp

I don't think any resellers here have it yet, unless they air freighted
copies over from Sydney.  Only direct orders from Apple Online seem to have
made it out in to the wild.

Anyone wishing to try out a .mac web gallery should point their browser to
here:

<http://gallery.mac.com/emily_parker>

Very slick!

I'm not so sure on iMovie yet.  I use FCE a fair bit now, so completely
changing the timeline editing arrangement will throw a lot of people
sideways I think.  For a total noob, it will be excellent!

Seeya

Rod!

BTW, anyone can try out iWork, as there is a 30 day demo available from
Apple's website.  Making Pages have standard Word Processing abilities
rather than just straight page layout is definitely going to make people
thinking twice about splurging on Office (normal users, power users may be
not).


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>