On 17/08/2007, at 1:04 PM, Chris Griffiths wrote:
I read on the apple feedback pages that the reason for some of
these problems is that the specs for running the software is quite
high and a lot of people are using computers than don't meet the
specs. Is this correct?
Regards Chris Griffiths
iLife msystem requirements are here :-
<http://www.apple.com/ilife/systemrequirements.html>
On 17/08/2007, at 12:55 PM, Stephen Chape wrote:
Gosh Severin,
I am almost put off ugrading now !!
I had dreadfull soundtrakc problems with iMovie in the last upgrade
from 05 to 06.
So much so that I finished up back with 05 in iMovie and 06 in all
the other components of iLife.
Not too sure about moving forward again now.
---- Original Message ----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: ilife08
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:41:11 +0800
Having been unhappy with iMovie08 I was then stricken with the
"will
not export" syndrome with iPhoto08.
This is well documented on MacFixit and elsewhere and is apparently
due to plugin problems with addon plugins that are brought in at
installation from the previous version. In my case a trashing of
iPhoto and an effective clean reinstallation solved the problem.
Others may have a period of tooth gnashing and head scratching so
hope this helps.
Apart from a real dumbing down of the capabilities of iMovie, which
the "special" download of iMovie HD for 08 takes care of, I am only
mildly enthusiastic about iLife08 - it seems pointed fair and
square
at the easy canned options approach, which is fine but the more
sophisticated bits should not have been hidden in the process.
Severin Crisp
________________________________________________________
Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys,
FAIP
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western
Australia.
Phone (08) 9842 1950 (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
________________________________________________________
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>