On 22/11/2008, at 6:15 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

Downloading a new .csv file gives me a file set to open automatically with Excel (which is what I want) but with a file "kind" of "Microsoft Excel Document" rather than "text" - which gives me the problem of no preview in either quicklook or the get info preview - which is, obviously, not what I
want!

Any ideas on what I need to change/reset here?

Hi Neil,

Quicklook needs extra plugins to view certain files.
I have been looking for a .csv Quicklook Plugin for my Commsec download files for months, have not been able to find on yet!
We might have to program our own .....

<http://www.quicklookplugins.com/>
<http://www.qlplugins.com/>
<http://hrmpf.com/wordpress/218/quick-look-plugins-for-leopard>

Apple's Developer Documents: Introduction to Quick Look Programming Guide <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/Quicklook_Programming_Guide/Introduction/chapter_1_section_1.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40005020-CH1-DontLinkElementID_14 >