On 02/03/2009, at 2:42 PM, Daniel Forsdyke wrote:

Hi Glenn

The general view is that you do not 'need' an antivirus program on the mac, but it is probably wise to start looking at one as the popularity of the Mac increases.

There are a couple of free apps:
iAntivirus for Mac
ClamXav

I currently use ClamXav, but iAntivirus seems to be getting some reasonable reviews.

The only significant threat I have heard about recently was a trogan contained in a pirate download of iWorks 09!

Regards
Daniel Forsdyke