Robert

The particular 3G device is mobile based and has never required me to enter
on any PC/MAC either a username or password unless accessing account details
from there websites and my email.

Virgin verbally informed me that they link user downloads with specific mac
address' that are static and bound to each user forever. Thus not giving any
private information over a mobile airway.

> You are saying anybody can connect to their network for free !
> Unlikely !

Basically, if the sim card were stolen and not reported or the mac address
was duplicated on their network you could get away with downloading freely
at the expense of anybody but yourself. Not a very secured device. I dread
the day the device goes missing... Or pinched.

Understandably DSL and cable have different login procedures. 3G is
different and convinced that it could be sharable through an Airport base
station with USB sharing (3G ONLY).

Sincere regards

Warwick