On 11/11/2009, at 8:31 AM, Hugh Griffiths wrote:

> Hi, I updated both my computers yesterday to 10.6.2 using the combo updater,
> now none of my firewire disks are recognised, help!!, how do I go back to
> 10.6.1?, can I just download the 10.6.1 combo updater and reinstall?
> Hugh

You'll have to go back to your original 10.6 Installer DVD and reinstall. Note
that the SL Installer no longer gives you the option of "Archive and Install".
It now does this by default. After reinstalling from the DVD, THEN apply the
10.6.1 update.

BTW - I uploaded to 10.6.2 last night, and this morning my permanently-attached
Firewire MyBook is working fine. It might be best to check some of the user
forums before burning any bridges. Try some standard troubleshooting
procedures: restarting in Verbose Mode, repairing permissions, that sort of
thing.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948