Hello Hugh

I also upgraded with 10.6.2 combo yesterday and my firewire external drives are
behaving normally.

Have you tried upgrading a second time from the same combo or another download
of the same combo? You may have an interrupted or corrupted file.

Kind regards

Greg Manzie
Director

Glyde Gallery Conservation
Conservators, Consultants and Picture Framers,
for Museums, Art Galleries and Collectors.

5 Glyde Street,
Mosman Park.
Western Australia 6012

Phone   (08) 9383 3929
Mobile  0448 844 381

Email   gman...@bigpond.net.au

My Macs:

Machine Name:                   Power Mac G4 (PCI graphics)
Machine Model:                  PowerMac1,2
CPU Type:                               PowerPC G4  (2.6)
Number Of CPUs:                 1
CPU Speed:                              400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU):             1 MB
Memory:                                 1 GB
Bus Speed:                              100 MHz
Boot ROM Version:               1.1.2f2
Upgraded:                               2 x 120GB Hard drives, Pioneer DVD-RW
DVR-107D
OS:                                             10.4.11

Model Name:                             MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:                       MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name:                 Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:                        2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors:   1
Total Number Of Cores:  2
L2 Cache:                               3 MB
Memory:                                 4 GB
Bus Speed:                              1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version:               MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system):   1.48f2
Serial Number (system): W892622M642
Hardware UUID:                  4490873B-939A-5DD8-A191-B6C89F754F67
Sudden Motion Sensor:   Enabled
OS:                                             10.6.2