On 12/11/2009, at 1:20 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 12/11/2009, at 12:44 PM, Brian Scott wrote:

Hi,

I've created an AirPort WEP network in the hope of exchanging some files between my 2 computers i.e.

PowerBook G4, OS 10.4.11

and

iMac Intel, OS 10.5.8

but the remote computers aren't showing up in Finder.

I've done this successfully once before a couple of months ago but there seems to be a crucial step that I've forgotten.

I have File Sharing turned on in both computers and the network I created is showing connected in their AirPort drop down menus.

What else do I need to do to copy files from one to another?

They are about 25 feet apart & virtually in line of sight of each other.

AirPort status on the PB is showing 'computer-to-computer' on the iMAC 'On'.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

A couple of things you could check.
1. In Finder > Preferences - General. Do you have selected under "Show these items on the Desktop"... "Connected Servers" ?
Yes

2. In System Preferences > Sharing - File Sharing click on the options button & do you have "Using AFP" selected?
and Yes

I seem to remember the remote computer showed up in the side bar of the Finder and I needed to click Connect is this correct?