On 12/11/2009, at 7:01 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

Hi Brian,

It might help if we had a few more details as to how your network is set up
eg:

You say:
I've created an AirPort WEP network
What wireless router did you use (eg Airport Extreme or Airport Express)
Wireless Card Type:     AirPort Extreme.

I used AirPort's menu to create a computer-to-computer network with a WEP pass word.

My PB is connected to this network wirelessly - at least I'm assuming it is as indicated in the PB's
AirPort menu and icon in the Desk Top menu bar.

I'm assuming you are on broadband internet, if you are using an Apple
Airport device, you must have a separate ADSL modem and you also mention a
four-port hub (presumably ethernet), how are these devices connected
together.
I'm using a NetComm NB5Plus4 ADSL2+ Modem Router connect to my ethernet port

I'm assuming that both your computers are connecting to the internet OK - are they both connecting via the wireless network you have set-up or is one
of them connecting directly by ethernet.
Only the iMac is connected to the internet

I'll study the rest of your post in more detail tomorrow,
the humidity is getting to me & I've been at this for several hours off and on.

I've got feeling the answer lies in the rest of your post but I can't concentrate.

Thank you very much for your help

Brian Scott

iMac 24" 3.06 2 Duo
3.06 GHz/4GB/NVIDIA 512 MB
OS X 10.5.8
Sitting on a empty 1975 Burroughs-B800 console