James

Recently I had a problem where my hard drive filled up without apparent 
reason.. I eventually discovered that for no apparent reason everything had 
been duplicated, possibly due to a backup glitch.  I finally tracked the 
problem down using "disk inventory X" which showed me where everything was on 
the disk and what was taking up all the room.
Hope this helps and is not "teaching Grandmother etc...".

Regards

Barry


On 12/12/2009, at 6:26 PM, James I Fraser wrote:

> 
> Please would anyone have any idea how 155GB of free space on a 500GB drive 
> fill up in 5 hours with no user activity? The laptop - a MacBook Pro, late 
> 2007, 4GB Ram running 10.6.2 was wirelessly connected to the internet and 
> McAfee ran finding 431 malwares, but on the backup drive! To email I've moved 
> 81GB of pictures to free up drive space.
> 
> Best wishes,
> 
> James
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>