On 12/01/2010, at 1:23 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

To verify if your MacBook is connecting to the faster "n" band:
Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard while you click the fan shaped Airport icon at the top of your screen.
Look for Transmit Rate.
A value of 54 indicates that the network is operating at "g" level speeds. 70-80 and up indicates that you are at faster "n" speeds.

My MacBook Pro Transmit Rate is always around 270.

Hey Ronni and Cloe, that's clever. I didn't know you could do that. I just checked my powerBook's connection to Damien's Belkin54g here in Albany. It says Channel 1, RSSI -73, Transmit rate 36. what does that mean?

Reg