From: Graeme Winters <g.wint...@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:38:45 +0800
To: User Group Mac User Group Mac WA <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Subject: Time Machine

Trouble with Time Machine

In December 2009 I purchased my IMac 27² 3.06Ghz/4GB/1TB/HD
With this I purchased a WD My Book Mac Edition 1TB
All was assembled and ran fine until last week when a message bar appeared
telling me that Back up could not be completed

I have tried to date
Disk Repair and received the following messages
Invalid node structure
Invalid record count
Missing thread record
Bad parent directory
Missing directory record
Incorrect flag for directory

The Volume could not be opened after 3 attempts
Error Disk Utility cannot repair this disk
Verify stopped
My book corrupt
Tried repair again

I have disconnected the WD several times and started again doing a back up
Each time when I go to Time Machine at the options window the message is
Next Backup when disk connected
At Select Disk no disk is shown
 This was the case again at 3.00pm today
However when I switched the WD off and on again the back up appeared and
acknowledged that the next backup would occur shortly

Surely I should not have to manually activate the backup
What have I missed?

As an aside does Time Machine when working also back up my Windows work as
well ie MYOB files

Graeme Winters