Hi, actually Daniel has a few on order, so I will get it for $10 through him.

But it's an interesting story. And we do need to know products when we go 
shopping for electrical stuff, I think I almost annoy people when I've  done my 
homework and don't need them to tell me what a device can do!

Cheers, Susan

Sent from my iPad

On 20/06/2010, at 8:56 AM, Paul K <[email protected]> wrote:

> 
> Cable prices can be quite bogas really.
> 
> A year or so back I wanted an RCA-style digital coax cable, so I went
> into Retravision determined to pay whatever they wanted and the
> young'n there said 'nah you don't need that, Audio RCA works for me at
> home' I asked if he knew they were wired differently, he just shrugged
> and left me to it.
> 
> On my third man-look I saw it; bottom rack, hidden by better stocked
> items above (probably HDMI;-), covered in dust: Belkin 2m digital
> coax.
> The price sticker said $299. Wow.
> Then I noticed a newer sticker, they were having a sale, $29.
> 
> After the bloke at the counter suggested his boss might have a
> mushroom habit, money cheerfully changed hands.
> 
> Once home I hit google, I could not find this item anywhere in
> Australia for less than $150. Score.
> 
> My hope is that you have similar luck buying the latest cable to drop
> off the 'I must have one of those' list.
> 
> 
> Happy Hunting
> Paul
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>