Hi
I am in Viet Nam at present and iTunes works as normal for me (Aust account)
Dave


On 21/06/10 12:06 AM, "Susan Hastings" <[email protected]> wrote:

> 
> 
> 
> On 20/06/2010, at 10:05 PM, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> On 20/6/10 9:55 PM, "Callum Prior" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>> Hi all,
>>> 
>>> I've slowly been converting my family over to Apple, and it seems I've had
>>> some luck with my partner's family as well.  Her dad has just bought a new
>>> Mac
>>> and he's been asking my advice about accessing the iTunes store in different
>>> countries as he splits his time between Indonesia and Australia and would
>>> like
>>> the ability to purchase from the store in both countries.
>>> 
>>> My understanding is that he'll need two separate iTunes Store accounts, one
>>> for each country.  Is it the case that your ability to purchase from a
>>> particular store depends on you having a valid billing address for that
>>> country, and that you can switch accounts within iTunes?
>>> 
>>> Or will he be able to access the Australian store from Indonesia providing
>>> he
>>> has a valid Australian account?
>>> 
>>> Does anyone have any experience or advice around this?
>>> 
>>> Cheers!
>>> 
>>> Callum
>>> 
>> Hi Callum
>> 
>> From my understanding, and I can't find the info I was looking for, but
>> he'll be able to access his Australian account from overseas.
>> The AppleID he creates will be linked to his Australia address, therefore
>> all the content he has access to (in Australia and overseas) is the
>> Australian store.
>> 
>> For using other countries iTunes Stores, you have to create a different
>> account, with an address and credit card based in that country.
>> Although, legally I think it's written into iTunes Terms and Conditions you
>> aren't meant to do that. (Though I'm not a lawyer, so don't quote me on that
>> ) :o)
>> 
>> So, basically, he'll only need the one iTunes Australia account to access it
>> from both places.
>> 
>> Hope that helps.
>> 
>> Kind Regards
>> Daniel
>> ---
>> Daniel Kerr
>> MacWizardry
>> 
>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>> 
>> 
>> **For everything Macintosh**
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>> 
> 
> I was able to use my Australian account whilst in China without any problems.
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>