I highly recommend turning Data Roaming off to avoid the annoying $400
data bill.

I just turned it on when I found myself needing to use Maps or look up
timetables etc. then turned it straight off again.

If you're going to be over there for a while it may be worth sourcing a
local data provider's SIM.

Have fun,
Shay