Hi Laura

I am new to Macs too (15 yrs with PCs) and have attended the monthly meetings for about 8 months now. Have picked up lots of tips. My main interest is in photos, making movies and DVDs and I too want to pick up the shortest way of doing things without the hours of playing - and getting into bad habits. The new Apple Shop in Perth is offering some places in their One-to- One program even if you did not purchase your machine there. $129 for a year's access - what a bargain. I have had 2 sessions so far and have learnt so much! Another source of knowledge to consider.

Regards

Marlene Oostryck


On 24/07/2010, at 9:10 AM, Laura Bernay wrote:


Hi all,
I am new to the list, not new to Macs, been using for 23 years. But I just got a new MacBook Pro. Every time I get a new computer I always feel I am not getting the most out of it because it takes time to "play" with it for hours and hours to find out what it does better than the last one I had. So I just kind of carry on doing what I previously did and every now and then pick up a trick or two. Does anyone know if there are monthly meetings being held anymore? Or anything else that would inspire to get to learning more about my marvellous machine? I already use it for my work a lot aas I am in the music industry but I am sure there are more amazing things on here that I don't know about and would like to hang out with the geeks I guess!

Thanks,
Laura

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>










-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>