Hi Peter

Have you installed the Windows/Mac drivers from the OSX CD?
When you install Bootcamp, you need to load the MacOSX CD which has Windows
drivers for a lot of things on it.

Quote from the Manual
<http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup_10.6.pdf>
---quote---
Step 4: Install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows After installing Windows,
install Mac-specific drivers and other software for
Windows using your Mac OS X installation disc.
The Mac OS X disc installs drivers to support Mac components, including
AirPort, built-in iSight camera, the Apple Remote, the trackpad on a
portable Mac, and the function keys on an Apple keyboard.
The Mac OS X disc also installs the Boot Camp control panel for Windows and
the Apple Boot Camp system tray item.
To install the Boot Camp drivers:
1    Eject the Windows installation disc. 2    Insert the Mac OS X disc.
If the installer doesn¹t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows
Explorer and double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
3    Follow the onscreen instructions. If a message appears that says the
software you¹re installing has not passed Windows
Logo testing, click Continue Anyway. Windows that appear only briefly during
the installation don¹t require your input.
11
If nothing appears to be happening, there may be a hidden window that you
must respond to. Check the taskbar and look behind open windows.
Important: Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs. 4
After your computer restarts, follow the instructions in the Found New
Hardware
Wizard to update your software drivers (Windows XP only).
5    Follow the instructions for any other wizards that appear.
6    Check for updated Boot Camp drivers by using Apple Software Update or
going to www.apple.com/support/bootcamp.
---end quote---

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 11/9/10 4:59 PM, "Peter Bull" <pb...@bbnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. I tried Device Manager and the Ethernet
> Controller and Network Controller both had a yellow question mark
> alongside. So I put the Windows XP CD in and used the Hardware Wizard
> to update the driver but I got the message that it "Could not find the
> necessary software".
>
> In the Network Connections panel there are two connections showing:
> 1. One says Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPoE). When I click on
> it I get a message that Error 769 : The specified destination is not
> reachable. If I double click the get the LAN Connection Status>Support
> there is no IP address listed.
> 2. The second connection shows LAN or High Speed Internet 1394
> connection.
>
> On my stand alone PC this panel shows Local Area Connection Connected,
> VIA PCI 10/100Mb fast Ethernet.
>
> Any clues as to what needs tweaking?
>

> On 09/09/2010, at 5:36 PM, Paul K wrote:
>

>> It could also be the IP Address of the Windows Mac.
>> Make sure the first four sections (octets) are the same as the other
>> two machines. Try to 'Ping' between the machines. It's easy, try
>> Google.
>>
>> To check if the drivers are the problem right click on 'My Computer'
>> select 'Manage'. When this opens look down the list on the left for
>> 'Device Manager'. You are looking for a warning beside 'Network
>> Adapters'.
>>
>> Good luck
>> Paul

> Regards,