Hi James, what applications are you talking about? This does not happen to me. If another application wants my attention it usually bounces politely on the dock to get my attention and never rudely jumps into the foreground taking over my screen and hijacking my keystrokes.
Regards,
Eugene
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
<<inline: (null) 4.tiff>>
On 13/09/2010, at 7:26 PM, James Devenish wrote: > > Hi all, > > If I have any complaint about Mac OS X, it is there severe user > interface floor whereby you can be happily typing or clicking in an > application (which is called the "foreground"), and then a 2nd > application from the background will pop up in front of everything > with some kind of question or text entry request, and your keystrokes > and mouseclicks will be errantly misdirected in dangerous ways. I > often lose my work in addition to losing my concentration. This > problem has existed since Tiger, at least. But in the past, > Application switching took about a second, so I was always able to > stop typing before too much damaged was caused. But these days, with > fast computers and fast Snow Leopard, the applications switch around > in the blink of an eye, and by sheer momentum I am overwriting, > misclicking and misentering data in errant places. Complete > productivity killer. Is there was way to fix this? If no one knows, I > will file a bug report with Apple. But I'm sure someone has already > done this and been ignored... > > James > > > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]> >

