you can get this through a certain key combo which then triggers the
switching (cmd-tap & more) also check for a unexpexted keyboard layout
change, i had this a few times sudden change from the australian to
islandic layout, then you end up typing weird keycombos, which in turn
can trigger strange commands
also is there a possibility that you hit 2 keys @ once? eg command-x,
option-z, commamd-comma
you may have to block/disable system key combos
James
On 13/09/2010, at 19:26, James Devenish wrote:
Hi all,
If I have any complaint about Mac OS X, it is there severe user
interface floor whereby you can be happily typing or clicking in an
application (which is called the "foreground"), and then a 2nd
application from the background will pop up in front of everything
with some kind of question or text entry request, and your keystrokes
and mouseclicks will be errantly misdirected in dangerous ways. I
often lose my work in addition to losing my concentration. This
problem has existed since Tiger, at least. But in the past,
Application switching took about a second, so I was always able to
stop typing before too much damaged was caused. But these days, with
fast computers and fast Snow Leopard, the applications switch around
in the blink of an eye, and by sheer momentum I am overwriting,
misclicking and misentering data in errant places. Complete
productivity killer. Is there was way to fix this? If no one knows, I
will file a bug report with Apple. But I'm sure someone has already
done this and been ignored...
James
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
SAD Technic
Video Productions, Electronic repairs
U3 / 6 Chalkley Pl
Bayswater WA 6053
+618 9370 5307,+618 6262 5707, 0414 421 132
http://www.iinet.net.au/~saddas
skype: barleeway
over 40 years in electronics
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>