On 13 September 2010 20:07, Eugene <[email protected]> wrote:
> If another application wants my attention it usually bounces politely on the 
> dock
> to get my attention and never rudely jumps into the foreground taking over my
> screen and hijacking my keystrokes.

Good point Eugene. Handbrake is an example that is well-behaved and
bounces in the background. On the other hand, apps from Apple are
probably the worst offenders, with Excel a close second. I also have
alerts from a time tracking app that get all tangled up with iCal, the
worst popup-style offender (even though it doesn't steal keystrokes).
There are also some third party apps that are problematic
(SpeedDownload is one that 'pops' into mind). As Ronni points out, I'm
not alone, but as Eugene points out, it's an app-by-app issue. So
apparently applications can choose to be nice or nasty. I would love
to have a global override. I may also be able to dig up the option in
Apple's developer docs. I'll have to start recording the exact
circumstances, so that I can be clearer about the issue.

Thanks for the ideas,
James



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>